TERRY LABORATORIES, L.L.C.
Privacy Notice / Website Terms
LEGAL NOTICE: By visiting the Terry Laboratories, L.L.C. website, you are accepting and consenting in full to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Who We Are
Since 1973, Terry Laboratories, L.L.C. (hereinafter referred to as “Terry Labs”) has been advancing the Aloe Vera Industry with pioneering research and development, new processes, products, and customer education. Our incredible growth over the years is testimony to the value and integrity of our products, processes, and people. Terry Labs is the largest manufacturer of Aloe extracts and concentrates in the industry based on sales and volume. We manufacture Aloe Vera gel concentrates, powders, and specialty Aloe Vera extracts and have global representation in over 60 countries. For additional information about Terry Labs, please visit: https://www.terrylabs.com.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat your personal information.
Information You May Provide Us
We may collect and process the following information about you that you provide to us so that we can deliver the best possible experience when you use our services. Personal information that you provide us may include the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Numbers
- Email Address(es)
- Payment Information (i.e., Credit Card Information)
- Other Data Collected That Could Directly or Indirectly Identify You
Terry Labs takes considerable pride in adhering to applicable federal, state, and local laws and will not share your personal information with any outside companies or vendors except for the facilitation of a business-related process or financial transactions on your behalf.
For personal information provided to a third party, this Privacy Notice applies to your personal information only once we receive the personal information.
Other Information We May Collect About You
During each of your visits to our Terry Labs website, we may collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and any e-mail address used to contact us.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from these providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from these providers and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Disclosure of Your Information
Your information is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling such information to others. In fact, Terry Labs does not sell, trade, or rent any information you provide to any unrelated third party. We do not share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you. We share personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries. You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information as needed to conduct our business activities according to the following, and in the following, circumstances:
- Internal Disclosure: We necessarily require storage and disclosure of your information within our various business units on an as-needed basis in order to effectively conduct our legitimate business activities.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions in accordance with contractual obligations but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Terry Labs never sells, trades, or leases your personal information to an unrelated third party without your express consent. From time to time, Terry Labs may send offers and promotional material to you to (1) provide you with information about other goods and services that Terry Labs offers that are similar to those that you have purchased and inquired about, or (2) to notify you about changes to our goods and services. Our intention is that you should only receive e-mail communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive, so we provide you the ability to unsubscribe or opt-out from all marketing communications, offers, and promotions and surveys. Providing your e-mail address in most areas on the website may be optional. If at any time you wish to stop receiving any promotional e-mail messages from us, simply follow the instructions in relation to “opting out” of future e-mails in any e-mail you receive from us.
- Protection of Terry Labs and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Terry Labs, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be sent to other third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Storing Your Personal Information
By submitting your personal information, you agree to its transfer, storing, or processing by any Terry Labs entity for any legitimate business purpose.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that (1) your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and (2) that records containing your information are retained or destroyed in accordance with our internal Record Retention Policy. We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods (1) mandated by law, contract, or similar obligations applicable to our business operations; (2) for preserving, resolving, defending, or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or (3) needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts all of the information you provide to us before it is sent to us so that it cannot be read as it travels to us over the Internet. Once we receive it, all of the customer information we collect is protected against unauthorized access. We do this by following these steps:
Firewall – Terry Labs’ systems are protected 24 hours a day by a powerful firewall that blocks unauthorized entry.
Encryption – From the moment information leaves your computer to the time is enters our systems, all online access undergoes 128-bit encryption.
Employee access – We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and to use a unique, strong password. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to any of the foregoing.
Access, Control, and Your Rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject or discuss your rights, please let us know using any of the contact information in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. We may ask you to provide valid form of identification (such as completion of a Privacy Verification Form) for verification purposes. Your rights are as follows:
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification, portability, erasure, restriction, objection.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The right to know the consequences of your failure to provide necessary information.
- The right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
If you make a request to delete your personal information and that information is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
Children’s Online Information Policy
Terry Labs does not intend for our web sites to be used by anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly market to, or collect information from, anyone who may be under the age of 18; and none of our data accumulating web pages (including, but not limited to, registration, ordering, marketing opt-ins, and contact requests) are intended, or should be used by, anyone under the age of 18.
General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR – EU)
In addition to the above privacy commitments, which relate to GDPR, note that Terry Labs is committed to providing great customer service, protecting your personal information, and respecting your privacy. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal information subject to GDPR, you may contact us with a specific complaint or data subject request. Also, if you have a question, are dissatisfied in relation to Terry Labs’ handling of your personal information, or how Terry Labs has dealt with a complaint or request, you have the right to lodge a grievance to a supervisory authority.
Please follow this link to locate the most appropriate supervisory authority in your local EEA country: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA – California)
In addition to the above privacy commitments, the CCPA provides the following specifics
Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the CCPA to request information about the collection of your personal information by Terry Labs, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to make a data subject access request (DSAR) under the CCPA, please contact us. Depending on your data choices, certain services may become limited or unavailable.
You may have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
We may deny a deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to, for example:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech rights, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
No Sale of Personal Information In the twelve (12) months prior to the effective date of this Privacy Notice, Terry Labs has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the CCPA.
No Discrimination: Terry Labs will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a one-year period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados No. 13.709/2018 or General Data Protection Law (LGPD – Brazil)
In addition to the above privacy commitments, Terry Labs is dedicated to fulfilling its responsibilities in relation to collection, retention, use, and other processing of personal information that is within the scope of LGPD. Such personal data will be processed only for lawful and appropriate purposes. Terry Labs has implemented measures designed to ensure security of personal information and to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, deletion, or other misuse of personal information. Terry Labs will facilitate the exercise of data subject rights in an effective and transparent manner.
LGPD grants certain rights to data subjects residing in Brazil regarding processing of personal information. Terry Labs is committed to honoring these rights and has established effective and transparent policies and procedures to do so.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject or discuss your rights, please let us know using any of the contact information in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. We may ask you to provide valid form of identification for verification purposes.
Terry Labs is committed to providing great customer service, protecting your personal information, and respecting your privacy. If you are a resident of Brazil and believe we maintain your personal information subject to the LGPD, and you have a question, are dissatisfied in relation to Terry Labs’ handling of your personal information, or how Terry Labs has dealt with a complaint or request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the national authority, also known as the National Data Protection Authority or ANPD.
The Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares (LFPDPPP – Mexico)
In addition to the above privacy commitments, individuals residing in Mexico may have the right under the LFPDPPP to request access to personal information, rectification of personal information, cancellation of personal information, or opposition to processing of personal information ("ARCO Rights"). If you wish to exercise any ARCO Rights, please let us know using any of the contact information in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. We may ask you to provide valid form of identification for verification purposes.
Privacy Act No. 119 1988 (Privacy Act – Australia)
For Australian consumers, if Terry Labs fails to respond to a data subject request or complaint within a reasonable period of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at www.oaic.gov.au.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
This website is provided on an “as is” basis. Terry Labs does not make any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, security, correctness, completeness, usefulness, or non-infringement with respect to this website or any information provided on this website. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss, including loss of data, resulting from your use of this web site. While we intend to take all reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses and other harmful material, we do not warrant that this web site is free of viruses or other potentially harmful components. We do not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, and there may be delays, omissions, interruptions, or inaccuracies in the content or other materials or goods available on this website. We do not accept responsibility for any error, omission, or defect in the information.
You agree that Terry Labs (including without limitation its officers, directors, employees, and affiliated entities) will not be held liable for any claims, damages, or costs, whether direct or indirect, consequential or special, arising out of or in any way connected to your use or inability to use this website or any hyperlinked website, or any information or goods that are purchased, if any, using this website, including lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs, or other data, or otherwise. In addition, you agree that we may not be held liable for the conduct of other members associated with this website, including, but not limited to, activities relating to message boards or chat rooms, or any other services that may be offered in the future. You hereby waive any claims, whether based on contractual, tort, or other grounds, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limited liability or exclusion of implied warranties, therefore not all of the above limitations may apply to you.
You agree to indemnify Terry Labs (including, without limitation, their officers, directors, and employees) against any and all claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or in any way connected to your use of this website. This expressly includes, without limitation, liability arising from your violation or infringement of any rights of others, including their personal information and any intellectual property rights.
Copyright and Trademark Ownership
Terry Labs holds title and ownership to all trademarks and content on the website. Copyright © 2021 Terry Laboratories, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
The terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice shall be governed in accordance with and pursuant to the laws of the State of Florida, U.S.A. Any action or proceeding that may be brought arising out of, in connection with, or by reason of this Privacy Notice, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the domestic laws of the State of Florida, U.S.A., giving effect to the principles of conflicts of law thereof.
If any part of this Privacy Notice is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns, or complaints about our Privacy Notice, or how we handle your personal information, you may contact us by one of the following means:
By email at: or
By telephone at 321-259-1630
By mail at Terry Laboratories, L.L.C., 7005 Technology Drive, Melbourne, FL 32904
These inboxes are actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust. We will respond to all requests, inquiries, or concerns within the time frame specified by the particular privacy law that is the subject of the request. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may direct privacy complaints to your local data protection authority.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy issue has occurred.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice and any other places we deem appropriate, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on our home page. If you disagree with any Privacy Notice changes, you may cease using our services.